Home: Tel Aviv, Israel
Joined the staff: Fall 2005
NRHA LTE: ~$30,000 (Dec 2011)
Bio: Jon started riding when he was 5. When he was 13, he started riding with the trainer Ilan Rosenberg, and it was there that he was introduced to reiners. He rode with Ilan until he was 16, then started training on his own. When he was 18, he began his service with the Army (a 3 year term). During the first 1.5 years of his army service, he returned home once a month and started 2 yr. olds to earn extra money. During the last year and a half of his army service, he managed a training barn - this continued after his tour of duty was done and continued until he was 23, when he moved to the US to train with Craig.
His school was the largest riding school in Israel, with 400 students and 5 instructors working for Jon. He regularly took 35 Youth and Non Pro students to AQHA shows. His Youth riders brought home Youth Cup World championships in Cutting, Trail, Pleasure, and top honors in Reining and other all-round classes. His last year in Israel produced 14 Israeli Champions/Co-champions in all disciplines.
Show Career Highlights:
- 2011 NRBC L1 & L2 Open Classic Finalists, marking a 220.5 to tie 6th
- Won the Rookie Professional class & buckle at the 2010 SWRHA show
- His final run on Ruf Dixie Chic in the 2010 NRHA Open Derby, marking a 222.5
- Jon's been having a great year riding Ruf Dixie Chic. The pair have made the Open Finals (Levels, 1, 2 & 3) in three major Derby events this year:
- NRBC Open Classic
- NRHA Open Derby
- Ariat Tulsa Reining Classic Open Derby